AWS Certified Security - Specialty
AWS Certified Security - Specialty validates your expertise in creating and implementing security solutions in the AWS Cloud. This certification also validates your understanding of specialized data classifications and AWS data protection mechanisms; data-encryption methods and AWS mechanisms to implement them; and secure internet protocols and AWS mechanisms to implement them.
Who should take this exam?
The target candidate should have 5 years of IT security experience in designing and implementing security
solutions. Additionally, the target candidate should have 2 or more years of hands-on experience in
securing AWS workloads.
What you'll learn
Preparing for and attaining this certification will showcase:
An understanding of specialized data classifications and AWS data protection mechanisms
- An understanding of data-encryption methods and AWS mechanisms to implement them
- An understanding of secure internet protocols and AWS mechanisms to implement them
- A working knowledge of AWS security services and features of services to provide a secure production environment
- Competency from 2 or more years of production deployment experience in using AWS security services and features
- The ability to make tradeoff decisions with regard to cost, security, and deployment complexity to meet a set of application requirements
- An understanding of security operations and risks
What does it take to earn this certification?
Review the SCS-C01 exam guide which contains the recommended AWS knowledge, content outline, and passing score for the certification exam.